Location: West Midlands
Reports: Head of Marketing and Community Engagement
Wayra is looking for a new Marketing and Events lead for 5PRING to join us immediately. It is a crucial role for the company, and the roles responsibilities will include delivery of 5PRING’s marketing strategy and activities, including communication planning, content, media, events and PR external relationship.
The candidate will need to be a self-starter with the can-do attitude who is proactive and has a good solid foundation in marketing and events given the space they will lead
5PRING is the UK’s first application accelerator aimed at helping organisations of all sizes harness the power of 5G to deliver growth and innovation throughout the West Midlands and beyond. The consortium consists of O2, Deloitte, Digital Catapult, West Midlands 5G and Wayra.
5PRING will be based out of 3 physical locations; Birmingham, Coventry and Wolverhampton where our programmes will be run.
This role will include positioning 5PRING as the leaders for 5G innovation within the UK, growing our community and following, delivering greater reach and registrations to our events and programmes and designing and delivering key events.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Develop and implement 5PRING marketing and comms strategy.
- Ensure 5PRING content is relevant and updated, this will include creation of a newsletter, management of our social media accounts and working closely with the 5PRING partners and programme managers.
- Work with the Head of 5G Acceleration and Head of Marketing and Community Engagement to develop and execute tailored Comms plans for all 5PRING programmes.
- Work with the O2 Marketing lead to support on any brand and marketing collateral that needs to be created.
- Create and manage PR strategies and relationship with journalists.
- Identify the critical information that will leverage 5PRING importance in a press release and write/cowrite press releases to be published into the website and the national tech press.
- Develop and manage the relationship with influential journalists to promote our content and develop media exposure for 5PRING.
- Support 5PRING portfolio of start-ups in communicating their businesses properly. Generate media exposure for the start-ups.
- Own the relationship with Wayra Head of Marketing and Community Enagement. Work together with core Wayra marketing and events team to align comms and to share best practices.
- Position 5PRING as a thought leader in the local ecosystem in 5G innovation.
- Work with the Wayra Events Manager and head of 5G acceleration to design and deliver key events
- Develop the events strategy with specific events that will leverage 5PRING positioning and build community. Work with Wayra Events Manager to execute our event strategy and make sure we follow a consistent positioning and high standards across all our events (Including strategy for sponsorship and event participation)
- Define specific events creation and own the delivery of non-programme events to engage with other stakeholder groups such as investors, mentors, partners, start-ups and Key stakeholders
- Align Events and Comms with the partners. Ensure all partners communicate the events well in advance to the relevant stakeholders and promote through the appropriate channels
- Identify selected events for 5PRING to be represented at that strategically raise the name of 5PRING in the market as well as engage and build community
- Manage and control the 5PRING events budget, always maximising and bring efficiencies without compromising on quality.
- Work with the Head of 5G Acceleration and Head of Marketing and Community Engagement to create and implement strategies to increase entrepreneurs, corporates, investors, ecosystem partners, mentors, corporate sponsors (O2 & Telefonica), university leaders, etc. engagement with 5PRING and form a living group with a real sense of community.
- Work with Comms & Community Engagement Manager and 5G programme managers to create and maintain communication platform for our community members (e.g. slack channel)
- Provide regular updates to the 5PRING Partners on strategy and progress against plan.
- Network of relevant journalists and stakeholders in tech and entrepreneurial media
- Experience managing social media profiles and creating content for brands; quantified results of growing social media and communication channel using content strategy.
- Passion for technology and innovation.
- Experience working with start-ups
- Experience in working and engaging partners, managing and scaling a relationship with partners. Leveraging partnerships.
- Digital Media experience and background
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Exceptional writing skills
- Be strategical, creative, and a great team player
- Be proactive and hands-on
- Available to participate in evening’s network events
- Available to travel nationally
Wayra is the most global, connected and technological open innovation hub in the world.
Wayra UK brings world-class start-ups to Telefónica globally and O2 locally to find new sources of revenue and innovation. We work with Telefonica / O2 to democratise entrepreneurship and to scale start-ups by facilitating the UK’s largest network of innovation hubs, all done in coordination with world-class partners.
Wayra provides unparalleled access to networks and capital that turn start-ups into scale-ups. Our 194 portfolio companies have a combined valuation of over $1.1 billion and have generated $20 million in revenue via contracts with Telefónica. In addition to our main London programme and the investee companies, we facilitate a network of 6 additional programmes throughout the UK that have supported 100+ companies.